Course #: 10553a - Cisco Voice Over Internet Protocol 1
The focus of this program is on Cisco IOS Unified Communications. A Student should be able to complete configuration and implementation of a small branch office network under supervision. The curriculum includes VoIP technologies such as IP PBX, IP telephony, handset, and call control solutions. Candidates also get exposure to the Cisco Unified Communications architecture and design.
Upon completion of this program, you should be able to:
- Describe how networks function, identifying major components, function of network components and the Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
- Using the host-to-host packet delivery process, describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues.
- Describes the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access.
- Describes the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP / IP.
- Describe the function of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing.
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and managing the router’s startup and configuration.
- Describe the components of the Cisco Unified Communications Architecture
- Describe PSTN components and technologies
- Describe how to interconnect VoIP with service provider networks
- Implement a UC 500 system using Cisco Configuration Assistant
- Implement Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express to support endpoints using Cisco CLI Commands
- Implement Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express to connect to service provider networks using CLI commands
- Implement Cisco Unity Express in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express environment using CLI commands
- Perform basic maintenance and operations tasks to support UC 500 and Cisco Unified Communications Manager express deployments
- Cisco Networking Level 1 (CCNA knowledge)